Pages

Like button

21 Jul 2009

Week Ten

Oh dear, oh dear. I have man flu. The combination of a heavy week's training last week and a long day of cycling to Brighton, swimming in the sea and not re-hydrating properly after a few beers combined with lots of talk of 'swines' has taken me down. Stupidly I went for a long run on Monday evening when I had been feeling below par all day and pushed myself far too hard. By Tuesday lunch time I was really starting to suffer and had to spend most of Wednesday and Thursday in bed. Training was out of the question so I made the most of the downtime and slept as much as I possibly could - difficult when you spend Saturday night in a tent in Dorset, but it has given my legs and body a much needed rest. Hopefully next week the training can resume.

No comments: